Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    one of several billion menace Radiant's Avatar

Default fpsbanana skins..

So I go there, and at almost each class item sections, there are so few decent ones, and each one has a GOLD reskin. Whats up with that? Most of the gold reskins are so ugly. >.>

Anyone has a better site for reskins?

Edit by negro 7/13/10 Please don't go to FPS banana. You are only hurting yourself. Most current example:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360060
    Last edited by Radiant; June 19th, 2010 at 11:56 PM.

US Ambassador to Dumbassland McFool's Avatar

I can't find whatever "GOLD" reskin you're talking about.

And as for FPSBanana, its a horrible site and was once plagued with viruses. Keep your anti-malware up to date and be careful when you're clicking. Unfortunately, it's the only real hub for custom content. You can find a number of other stuff spread around smaller communities but most skins find their way there.

Dislikes Things NegroCollegeFund's Avatar

I dont even go to FPSBanana cause it takes like 5 minutes for its pages to load, always. I can download 30 minute videos faster than their main page loads.

I can't find whatever "GOLD" reskin you're talking about.

And as for FPSBanana, its a horrible site and was once plagued with viruses. Keep your anti-malware up to date and be careful when you're clicking. Unfortunately, it's the only real hub for custom content. You can find a number of other stuff spread around smaller communities but most skins find their way there.
    For almost every item reskin, theres always a one for gold. It always looks quite dumb. And thanks for the alert!

Really Negro? It loads as fast as yahoo for me.

fucking hate fpsbanana, my browser will always freeze, display a white page, and start playing some random ass song or ad

thats odd, its totally fine for me.

Master Wall of Dicks Climber Paru's Avatar

FPSBanana is retarded and you are for using it.

The only models I use are the Travis Touchdown Scout, and some of the Touhou replacements(Which are being entirely remodelled, because the models really suck because most details aren't exactly fit properly onto the models, etc , etc.)

All of them have their own fucking sites, even. If it's an actually decent model or there's an amount of effort invested in it, it should have its own site.

Well, I recently got interested in remodels. But hey, atleast there are some awesome ones on fpsbanana right?

I won't even use skins. Just remodels. Otherwise it just looks stupid.

Commodore sm_god

I use FPSBanana all the time, and save for a short time ago when the site was completely down I've not had a problem with it.

But, there are a few other sites that offer some fun skins for hats and weapons.

Mister Royzo, for example, is a fantastic reskinner. His work was even featured on the official TF2 site.

Check out some of his earlier work in Island Update, Royzo's Party Shop, and the most recent (and most highly known) Fancy vs Nasty Update.

I use some sort of skin for all the classes. I have the female skins for the Pyro, Heavy, Medic, and Scout. The Pyro has the voice clips already included, but you have to download the female voices for the other three separately.

Aside from the female skins, I also use the Krankensage, German Gonzila and the Ride of the Valkyrie Uber sound pack for the Medic, the Fists of Steel for the Heavy, and the Madame Dixie and the Backscratcher for the Pyro.

I have the Leather Jacket skin for the Soldier, Seargent Plushie for the Equalizer, I've reskinned the Killers Kabuto with The Patriot, and I use the Buff Banner Drumbeat sound pack.

I haven't reskinned the Demoman per se, but I've skinned a bunch of his shit. I use the Pump Action Grenade Launcher with the Round Pipe Bombs, the Bloodchild Chain Sword for the Eyelander (minus the replacement sound effects for when your sword is idle. I didn't like the demonic screaming they included, but I fucking love the chainsaw revving sound effect), the Boozers Bomb Suit for the Targe (I dig the kilt version), and for his hat I reskinned my Scottsman Stove Pipe with the Celtic Crown.

The Spy uses the simple, stylish edition of the Unmasked Spy and I've reskinned his Backbiters Billycock with the Detective Noir.

I go with the Plaid Engineer and I've reskinned his Engineers Cap with the Buckaroos Hat, and that's it for him. For his buildings, I use the Talking Engineer Buildings sound pack.

This is what the game looks like to me...
    Last edited by The HellJack; June 21st, 2010 at 12:11 PM.