Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Future

Dislikes Things NegroCollegeFund's Avatar

Default The Future

Ladies and genitalfriends,
    The staff at negroserver has been considering retiring our flagship server, Negroserver Idle, due to inactivity. While it was a great server when it was appropriately timed, and was a draw when the content was fresh, its pretty clear at this point that TF2's ship has long since sailed from our ports. While there is still plenty of demand for TF2 itself, the game is old enough that our server is now completely irrelevant. There are flourishing communities and servers packed with 12 year olds like yourselves. There is no reason to join Negroserver Idle over these alternatives. If there was, the server wouldn't be empty. If there was a community to provide this gamemode to, we would continue to run it. However, we believe it no longer fills the role it once did and share the belief that there is simply no point in running it any further. We have every intention of running our iDull server, as well as our MvM server into the foreseeable future. I would also love a reason to re open our Vanilla TF2 server. But as far as our custom flagship idle is concerned, it has run its course and no longer contributes in any fashion to the negroserver community. Please feel free to speak your mind regarding this potential change before it is carved in stone.

Beyond TF2, we continue to update and polish our custom Minecraft mod, Negroserver Roots. Along side that, our starbound server is still kicking, for those who currently utilize it. We remain as open minded as we have been over the years, and hope that any user would feel compelled to offer any suggestions regarding games that we should host. We have tried, usually unsuccessfully, a multitude of alternative games over the past 5 years, and hope to continue to offer multiplayer servers for any in-demand game that can be implemented properly and sought by players.

Our next big goal is the creation of a GTA V multiplayer server. Long ago, Negroserver was founded solely to run a San Andreas: MultiPlayer server. Unfortunately for us, we were late to the game and not able to take advantage of the demand bubble. Since that time, The staff at Negroserver has pondered, dreamt, and prayed that the "sequel" to SA:MP would arrive and outperform its predecessor. Finally, after at least 5 years of suspense, GTA V has been born unto the PC scene, and a great, fan made multiplayer client is being created. This fan made software has all the potential in the world to meet and exceed the masterpiece that was SA:MP. And this time, we plan to be on the cusp of this wave, rather than the receding tides. Only time can truly tell if we will succeed on this new platform, but our hopes are high. We realize this transition might end up costing us some regular users who might not accept this evolution, but we also recognize the potential for expansion brought about by the introduction of a new platform. We hope and invite our current user base to take advantage of our alternative and future services, especially those you may not be familiar with.

One of those services you may not be familiar with, is one of our more recent projects, a Taima.tv channel. We have a custom user-tube, pre loaded with interesting and permanent streams, which also supports temporary additions from any registered user. It is a server running cytube syncware to allow multiple clients to watch internet based video and stream in sync, in addition to providing a chat and some other features. It is still a work in progress, but that aside, its still worth a visit. We hope to one day use it to resume our old "Negroserver Movie Nights" in addition to potentially harvesting its own cluster of internet children- as do our other services. It can be reached @ http://www.taima.tv/r/negro

Good day, and good night.

I kind of felt like this was inevitable as of recent. Although I stopped playing TF2 2 years ago, it's kind of surreal to think the idle server will be no more. Not like I'll ever touch TF2 again but I'm definitely going to miss it even though it doesn't mean negroserver as a whole is going to die out.
    We had a lot of great times there, that's for sure. I'm glad most of us got to enjoy those moments together. From achivement_lame to the Christmas maps, it was always a pleasure to step inside Negroserver and some of the most memortable TF2 moments for me were always from there. Goodnight, sweet prince.

It's been a great 5 years. That server will stay in my heart forever, I had a lot of fun whenever I was fucking around with the rest of you retards...

Master Wall of Dicks Climber Etna's Avatar
    freeroam church tower spooning with a minisentry

It's been lovely, gents. Moon still sucks tho

Last edited by Etna; June 19th, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

Professional Wall Of Dicks Climber DocSmoke's Avatar

jesus fucking christ, i had a sudden craving for negroserver tonight for the first time in months so i booted up tf2 looking to join the idle server, in the mean time i opened the forums and see this shit.

i haven't been here for long enough to experience the "golden age" of negroserver, and this has actually deeply saddened me ever since i joined because it seemed like it used to be a massive, glorious community that i've missed out on and i'm just riding the tail end of. it's been almost two years and i love this community despite never contributing to jack shit and lurking a lot more than i post.

the game i grew up with (tf2) is dying and it's really the most depressing thing. watching the thing that gave your life meaning for five years(!!!) die slowly and painfully sorta blows a lot. tf2 is the only game that ever meant anything to me and it feels like losing a good friend every time i'm reminded of how much that game has deteriorated. sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a therapy session haha. hopefully a negroserver GTA V server gives me an excuse to buy the game and make new memories in another shitty game for 5+ years. lookin' forward to the future, guys. godspeed NS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSmoke View Post
    jesus fucking christ, i had a sudden craving for negroserver tonight for the first time in months so i booted up tf2 looking to join the idle server, in the mean time i opened the forums and see this shit.

i haven't been here for long enough to experience the "golden age" of negroserver, and this has actually deeply saddened me ever since i joined because it seemed like it used to be a massive, glorious community that i've missed out on and i'm just riding the tail end of. it's been almost two years and i love this community despite never contributing to jack shit and lurking a lot more than i post.

the game i grew up with (tf2) is dying and it's really the most depressing thing. watching the thing that gave your life meaning for five years(!!!) die slowly and painfully sorta blows a lot. tf2 is the only game that ever meant anything to me and it feels like losing a good friend every time i'm reminded of how much that game has deteriorated. sorry, didn't mean for this to turn into a therapy session haha. hopefully a negroserver GTA V server gives me an excuse to buy the game and make new memories in another shitty game for 5+ years. lookin' forward to the future, guys. godspeed NS.
    Well, you've been long enough here that you can be considered part of the community. Just because the idle server and TF2 is kill, doesn't mean negroserver is going to die. Don't be too sad. I can't say all of us will still be here but I'll be here until the day this forums redirects to a 404 error and the Negroserver Steam group gets shut down which would never really happen.

Well i haven't been a part of the community for so long, i have always been more of a lurker type so i didn't get to know most of the guys here but the server really has a special place in my heart and like outlaw i won't stop checking the forums and the group daily (like i have been doing this past year) until this whole thing gets shut down. I am looking forward to play on the upcoming GTA server though. Thanks for the great experience guys and gals.

also thanks for the music etna
    Last edited by Walrus; June 20th, 2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: its nice

Dislikes Things NegroCollegeFund's Avatar

im surprised more of you didnt migrate over to the minecraft server. the current roots modpack is pretty badass. that and the negrotube are decent, and unlike TF2, can remain entertaining even when alone.

Will negroserver consider doing CSGO servers in the future?

corrals desktop icons with background MattTheSpy's Avatar

Honestly, with Valve killing off idling and TF2 itself slowly dying, it was only a matter of time.
    It's been one hell of a ride though.
    Looking forward to what you have planned for the future.